Burger King’s Twitter Gets Hacked & Changed To McDonalds
Going under the guise that Burger King has now sold to McDonalds because the company failed to deliver successful products, they continued on tweeting amateur tweets that took jabs at the company and promoted some other Twitter accounts. Nothing too clever or classy, though. Twitter was quick to suspend the Burger King account after a while, but the damage was already done as a lot of Twitter users took jabs at the hacking situation. Some of the funniest ones:
Before everybody could blame McDonalds for the hacking, they were quick to respond:
Burger King issued a statement of apology today on the matter as well, acknowledging the hack:"We have worked directly with administrators to suspend the account until we are able to re-establish our legitimate site and authentic postings. We apologize to our fans and followers who have been receiving erroneous tweets about other members of our industry and additional inappropriate topics."
Now that it's all said and done, what did you think of this admittedly amusing turn of events?
Latest posts by Faisal Hashmi
- Why a cross-platform BBM is a win for Blackberry and a loss for Whatsapp
- Canon Middle East fulfills pledge to plant over 2900 Ghaf trees
- Adobe ditches Creative Suite, goes subscription-only with Creative Cloud
- Why BlackBerry’s Q10 pricing is a step in the wrong direction
- Blackberry leaked roadmap unveils upcoming devices