HP planning to make Android tablets
Though HP's foray into tablets with the TouchPad earlier failed as the company instantly discontinued it, it hasn't stopped the company from going forward with their Windows 8 tablets notably the Envy x2. But reports strongly suggest that HP will be joining the dark side and offering Android tablets as well very soon.
ReadWrite.com reports that HP is preparing a high-end Android tablet since fall of 2012 and will use the newest Nvidia Tegra 4 processor. There's also reports that HP may be looking to make Android phones as well, but the company has never really done well in the mobile phone market in the past.
With Sony and HP now firmly revamping their tablet divisions and embracing Android strongly, it'll be interesting to see who benefits the most from this now highly saturated market.
Latest posts by Faisal Hashmi
- Why a cross-platform BBM is a win for Blackberry and a loss for Whatsapp
- Canon Middle East fulfills pledge to plant over 2900 Ghaf trees
- Adobe ditches Creative Suite, goes subscription-only with Creative Cloud
- Why BlackBerry’s Q10 pricing is a step in the wrong direction
- Blackberry leaked roadmap unveils upcoming devices