Microsoft Office 2013 officially releasing January 29th
Those waiting for the release date of the upcoming and well-revamped Office 2013 and cloud office service Office 365 were disappointed so far by not having a concrete release date even after the release of Windows 8. Well, that has now changed.
With an oddly humorous tagline of "Time to 365", Microsoft revealed that subscriptions to their cloud-based office service Microsoft 365 will begin on January 29th alongside retail copies of the new Office 2013 as well. For those not wanting to buy the retail copies this time around, Office 365 will start at $99 per year and Microsoft has been really pushing on the cloud saving aspects of it with the guarantee that you'll keep receiving future updates as well. Despite free alternative, Microsoft Office has always been the number one choice by everyone to use for productivity needs so I wouldn't be surprised if this is another big hit. Google Docs is a legitimate competitor though (except for the lack of desktop apps).
Latest posts by Faisal Hashmi
- Why a cross-platform BBM is a win for Blackberry and a loss for Whatsapp
- Canon Middle East fulfills pledge to plant over 2900 Ghaf trees
- Adobe ditches Creative Suite, goes subscription-only with Creative Cloud
- Why BlackBerry’s Q10 pricing is a step in the wrong direction
- Blackberry leaked roadmap unveils upcoming devices