Twitter Kills Tweetdeck App For iOS & Android
Ever since Twitter officially acquired the much-loved Twitter client Tweetdeck, it has been providing it with a slow death over time. First, the updated version lacked a lot of features that users had grown to love about the client and just felt generally dumbed down and not as intuitive. Today, Twitter nailed another one to the coffin of the service by discontinuing mobile apps of the service.
As of today, Twitter has killed the iOS and Android app for Tweetdeck as well as the AIR app, as the links are nowhere to be found on the website of the client. Twitter says that the focus now is on "modern, web based" versions of the client. But that was not all - they have also discontinued the Facebook integration aspect of the application, which was something that a lot of users found very convenient. Something tells me the desktop and web versions are up next as Twitter wants to eschew the app into the native Twitter app.
Are you still a user of Tweetdeck?
Latest posts by Faisal Hashmi
- Why a cross-platform BBM is a win for Blackberry and a loss for Whatsapp
- Canon Middle East fulfills pledge to plant over 2900 Ghaf trees
- Adobe ditches Creative Suite, goes subscription-only with Creative Cloud
- Why BlackBerry’s Q10 pricing is a step in the wrong direction
- Blackberry leaked roadmap unveils upcoming devices