WhatsApp Coming As Native App to Blackberry 10 in March
When Blackberry 10 launched earlier this year, the biggest question on everyone's mind was whether popular apps are going to be coming to the platform. And at the launch event, they were quick to announce that popular apps like Skype, WhatsApp and Kindle will be coming to the device. While Skype has disappointingly announced that the first version to come to Blackberry will be merely an Android port, there is great news to hear from the WhatsApp side of things.
Neeraj Arora, one of the people working with Whatsapp, confirmed on his Twitter that the application will be officially arriving on Blackberry 10 sometime in March. This was to a query to someone who asked him the question, to which he also followed up and gave the good news that the app will be natively built for the platform and not an easy Android port. Currently, Z10 users can sideload the Android version of the application on their phones but it doesn't quite work as well as you would want it to. With this news as well as the fact that Instagram, Spotify and Netflix are all told to be releasing on the platform very soon, this is exactly what Blackberry needs to compete with the likes of iOS and Android.
Latest posts by Faisal Hashmi
- Why a cross-platform BBM is a win for Blackberry and a loss for Whatsapp
- Canon Middle East fulfills pledge to plant over 2900 Ghaf trees
- Adobe ditches Creative Suite, goes subscription-only with Creative Cloud
- Why BlackBerry’s Q10 pricing is a step in the wrong direction
- Blackberry leaked roadmap unveils upcoming devices